Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Burton Needs a Make-Over

You remember this puppet that I drew and I loved (still love) and it took me forever to paint him?

Yeah, this one. You remember. I call him Burton.

He's painted now, so he's done, right?

WRONG

It didn't come out the way I had envisioned and no matter how hard I try, I just cannot be happy with it.

So I painted a couple new versions (none of which came out how I envisioned. I guess I just don't have the skill yet to make him as I saw in my mind.) but they're better than what he is now.

In your opinion, which one is better?
I won't comment because my opinion is wrong.
Nonsense! Please comment, I really want to know what you think. There is no wrong answer here. 
I'll just look but probably won't comment. She's not interested in my opinion.
Not true! I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this, and especially yours. :)

Here they are:

I really wanted him to POP as orange, so I tried a green background.
Then I wondered what a more monochromatic approach would look like, still trying to keep to the orange.
I had this background already made and pasted him on. It would need more work, but the colors are nice.
These colors were surprising, but they add an interesting mood that I think is quite fitting.
Aaaand that's all I have for you. Please pick one so I can add a shadow and finally be done with Burton.

No comments:

Post a Comment