Saturday, January 21, 2017

Two Tone WIP

After those tentacles, I wondered what this octopus:

...would look like in two tones.

The results:



Which is fun. And then my brother-in-law asked me if I was trying to become "The Octopus Lady."

...no?

Let me start by saying, I don't have anything against octopi. They're fascinating creatures, besides being very popular these days, and they're pretty fun to draw.

...but my REAL passion...
(is going to sound dumb, brace yourself)
...is drawing LEAVES.

WIP Leaves in charcoal drawing

This was done digitally; I used the "charcoal" tool for this instead of the pen. Personally, I like the textures that resulted (plus it took a FRACTION of the time!), I hope other people like it, too.

This is a work-in-progress, in case you were thinking it looked a little unfinished. I'm going to add other nature/organic embellishments - add some rhythm and flow in there.

Again, thanks for watching. Keep checking back for the finished picture.

Wow I love drawing leaves...

No comments:

Post a Comment