Saturday, May 24, 2014

Moon and Stars Suspended - Revisited

Thank you  to everyone who -
A) likes the facebook page
B) watches me on dA
C) reads this blog
D) follows me on Twitter and/or Google+
or 
E) all of the above

I appreciate your support more than you can know. YOU are the reason I have momentum to keep doing this crazy thing called Art.

Speaking of momentum, my top concern right now is that I need more paintings. I need more in my portfolio. I need to work faster.

So about a week ago, under the wise counsel of a friend and fellow artist, I made the goal to finish one new painting every 10 days.

7 days later:

Goal pwned!
 I really love the image of the crescent moon and stars being stitched together and suspended in the air. The colors are similar to a previous painting and I'm still torn as to whether it would have been smarter to use a different pallet.

You're welcome to weigh in on the debate, of course.

ALSO -

I've got another puppet painting in the works right now. He's being stubborn, so I'm not going to give you a sneak peek just yet....what's that?

I guess that's a good point.

*sigh*

Okay, fine. You can have one tiny peek....


Sheesh, twist my arm, why don't ya?

In all seriousness, I'm very excited about this purple puppet you see above. I've still got kinks to work out with values and the color scheme (which you are also welcome to weigh in on, I love comments in all forms), but I think he's going to be knock-your-socks-off amazing when he's done.

And when's he going to be done?

Within 10 days. 

Das right. Cuz das how we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment