Friday, May 20, 2016

Color Abuse

I have this terrible habit when I work digitally...

...of changing the color of the entire piece, over and over and over again.

Because it's so easy! You just move a slider back and forth and suddenly, "Oh hey! This looks even better in blue!"

If I were painting in oils or acrylic, I would not have this option. I would have to choose my colors ahead of time and hope I made the best choices because once it's on the canvas
-BOOM-
you're committed to it.

But I don't have that problem on the computer. And I do abuse the hue/saturation sliders. I'll admit that.

It's not just for my wishy-washy non-committal self that I do this. It's for YOU, really.
Cuz now you have more options!



Both of these (and the original green) can be found on Redbubble and no-background versions can be found on Design By Humans
And another pleasant surprise for you:

I finished the Hobbit Puppets!





*victory dance*

I hope this proves to be the beginning of more puppet paintings based on characters from books (and/or movies, I guess). More Lord of the Ring puppets are in order, and I've got some Alice in Wonderland puppets on the back of my mind, too....

What book/movie characters would you want to see as puppets? Tell me in a comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment